Cell Biology and Cell Physiology. UMA
A research group that is part of the University of Malaga, as well as the Network of Cell Therapy. (TerCel) and the CIBER of Bioengineering, Biometerials and Nanomedicine (Ciber-bbn) of the Carlos III Health Institute. It specialises in the study of skeletal regeneration in animal models and in therapeutic osteogenesis, searching for its applications within the area of Regenerative Medicine of skeleton tissue. The group carries out selection, expansion and condo-osteogenic differentiation methods of mesenchimatic stem cells, in addition to making new osteoconductor materials.
- Cell therapy for skeletal regeneration.
- Osteogenic regeneration.
- Regeneration in vertebrates (zebrafish).
- Osteoinductor recombinant proteins.
- Cell therapy applied to skeletal reparation (bones, tendons, spinal fusions...).
- Production of recombinant growth factors with condro-osteogenic induction factors.
- Synthesis and processing of vitreous and vitroceramic materials for biomedical applications.
Main Researcher: JOSÉ BECERRA RATIA
PAI Reference: BIO217