Molecular Biology / Patology of Infectious Diseases
This research group has developed an innovator method for diagnosis of human brucellosis. This system present numerous benefits as it performs the test in less than 2 hours, avoids the risk of infection in laboratory workers and is easily standardized. Human brucellosis is zoonotic pathogens of global distribution that produces a high morbidity in humans, resulting in huge economics losses and whose conventional diagnosis suffers from significant limitations.
- Molecular diagnosis of human brucellosis.
- Development of a Multiplex-PCR to differentiate between Brucellas species and Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex.
- Study of various clinical aspects, immunological, diagnostic (for rapid diagnosis molecular methods) and therapeutic infectious diseases highly disabling.
- Identification and quantitation of Brucella spp. in clinical samples by PCR analysis.
- Identification of Brucella spp. and Micobacterium tuberculosis complex by Multiplex-PCR in clinical samples from patients.