Molecular Biology and Biotechnology of Plants
The laboratory of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry boats a history of over 15 years’ dedication to the study of the metabolism of vascular plants, having made use of different experimental approaches, including biochemical, immunological and recombinant DNA techniques. The group has much experience in the isolation of genes, in their structural characterization and in the analysis of gene expression. This laboratory has carved a particular reputation in the study of the metabolism of nitrogen in conifers.
- Study of the metabolism of nitrogen.
- Molecular Engineering of trees and Plant Biotechnology.
- Genomics and Proteomics of plants.
- The separation, identification and functional characterization of genes in plants.
- Analysis of the gene expression in woody plants.
- Purification and molecular characterization of proteins.
Main Researcher: FRANCISCO MIGUEL CANOVAS RAMOS
PAI Reference: BIO114