This research group located within the Department of Medicine and Dermatology consists of 8 scientists. They are specialized in the analysis of the different types of skin cancer. For the study of photocarcinogenesis the research group disposes of a photobiology laboratory in the Medical Research Center (CIMES) at the University of Malaga. Their research topics are focused on the effect of antioxidants and photoprotectors and as well on the study of skin diseases such as psoriasis and biological treatment methods.
- Clinical, pathological and biomolecular prognostic factors in epithelial skin cancer.
- Sentinel lymph node and melanoma.
- Squamous cell carcinoma.
- New therapeutic means.
- Photoprotectors and antioxidants.
- Dermatological consultation.
- Biological therapy of psoriasis.
- Efficacy assessment of new antioxidant and photoprotector molecules.
- Calibration of tanning booths.