Group on Electronics for Instrumentation and Systems
This research group is specialized in the study and the design of tactile sensors. These technical tools can be used in a variety of areas like telepresence, minimal invasive surgery, industrial robotics, rehabilitation, care and assistance for senior citizens and patients, telemedicine and even domotic sensors. Promoted by the highly innovative value of the realized work, the group has been involved in collaborations with national and international technological and biotechnological companies.
- Intelligent sensors.
- Sensor networks.
- Tactile sensors.
- Bioinformatics and biomedicine.
- Electronic design: - Analog. - Digital.
- Sensoring of pressure distribution.
- Implementation of sensors for distinct applications: - Telemedicine. - Robotics. - Rehabilitation. - Domotics. - Assistance for senior citizens.
- Advisor in research related topics.