The research group Gauss, of the Department of Algebra, Geometry and Topology of the Faculty of Sciences, specializes in the study of Leavitt path algebras (algebras associated to graphs), of Gradings of Lie algebras, and of algebras of quotients. Part of its work is centered in the use and development of computing tools as an instrument. Moreover, some of its research topics are closely connected to Physics. This team, made up of 9 researchers, has an extensive curriculum in research and teaching.
- Leavitt path algebras.
- Algebras of quotients of associative and Lie algebras.
- Alternative systems (algebras, triples and pairs).
- Computational techniques for Leavitt path algebras
- Computational techniques for Lie algebras.
- Finite rings.
- Gradings of Lie algebras.
- Lie triple systems.
- Lie-Yamaguti algebras.
- Advice about research grants from Spanish public institutions: - Projects. - Scientific and technological individual activities.
- Training courses on various specialized software tools.
- Organization of workshops and conferences related to the lines of research of the group.
- Advice of other researchers.
Main Researcher: MERCEDES SILES MOLINA
PAI Reference: FQM336