Posidonia Sur (South Posidonia)
This research group of the Department of Animal Biology, University of Malaga, specializes in the study of marine fauna (decapod crustaceans, molluscs and echinoderms). Its researches are useful to know the diversity and biology of the species (reproduction and growth, closed seasons, stocks evaluation, natural resources management, among other), management of marine areas and environmental impact assessment, this to know the Impact - positive or negative - that civil engineering works or pollutant spills into marine waters may have on the environment. Its works are of interest for public administrations and private companies that want to know the marine biodiversity or impacts caused by a human intervention.
- Taxonomy and biogeography of decapods crustaceans, molluscs and echinoderms.
- Growth and reproduction in molluscs and crustaceans.
- Dynamics of marine communities.
- Study of environmental impacts on the marine shorelines.
- Marine areas: characterization, assessment, management and monitoring.
- Natural resources cataloguing and inventory.
- Marine resource management and impact study.
- Studies of reproductive and growth cycles in bivalve mollusks, echinoderms and decapods crustaceans.
- Study the structure and dynamics of marine communities.
- Systematic, taxonomy and biogeography.
- Follow-up on introduced species and marine organisms.
Main Researcher: JOSE ENRIQUE GARCIA RASO
PAI Reference: RNM141