Molecular Basis of Cell Proliferation
The members of this research group are part of the department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, in the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Malaga. Their scientific activity mainly concentrates on three lines of study: the metabolism of biogenic amines, angiogenesis, and transduction of signs involved in cancer.
- Molecular studies of the role of amines in cell proliferation and inflammation.
- Angiogenesis. Search of new anti-tumour drugs with antiangiogenic activity.
- Transduction of signs involved in cancer. Role played by KSRs in tumour transformation.
- Biology of systems. Molecular and metabolic modelling.
- Identification and characterization of markers and potential drugs with anti-tumour and anti-angiogenic activity.
- Structure-function characterization of enzyme proteins (in silico and in vitro approaches).
- Functional Genomics (expression and proteomics) and its analysis by means of systems biology technology.
Main Researcher: MIGUEL ÁNGEL MEDINA TORRES
PAI Reference: BIO267