Biodiversity, Conservation and Vegetation Inventory
A research group with a very important scientific collection (MGC herbarium) of algae and terrestrial plant, as well as a team with much experience in field work, the taking of samples, cartography and analysis and identification of flora. They also carry out scientific-technical studies on aerobiology and palynology.
- Biodiversity and Plant ecology. Cartography of flora in Andalusia. Ecology, phenomorphology, ecomorphology and stress of plant communities and species.
- Conservation of endangered plant species and communities.
- Aerobiology and palynology. Air pollution of biological particles. Pollen content in honeys.
- Aquatic Botany. Ecophysiology and Ecotoxicology of water systems (algae and anerogamous plants).
- Identification of plant species. Analysis and cataloguing of vegetation.
- Studies of natural space planning.
- Plans for the recovery and conservation of endangered plant species.
- Measurement and analysis of the pollen content in the air.
- · Elaboration of pollen calendars.
- Detection and study of new pollen allergens.
Main Researcher: BALTASAR CABEZUDO ARTERO
PAI Reference: RNM115