Environmental Biotechnology and Genetics of Agricultural Systems
The members of this research group are located in the department of Cell Biology, Genetics and Physiology (Genetics Area) of the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Malaga. Its scientific activity is centred on the study of plant-pathogen interaction, mainly in the molecular genetics of plant-phytopathogenic bacteria and plant viruses.
- Plant-pathogen interaction: - Resistance to geminiviruses. - The microbial genetics of plant roots. - Interaction between the Pseudomonas syringae bacteria and the bean. - Interaction between the Pseudomonas savastanoi bacteria and the olive.
- Bioinformatics. Application of the proteomics and functional genomics.
- Genetic and biochemical analysis of the replication of repetitive DNA sequences.
- Control and phytosanitary research strategies.
- Diagnosis of viruses and bacteria in plant species of agrofeeding interest.
- Detection of phytopathogenic viruses and bacteria.
- Development of bioinformatic tools for application in the proteomics and genomics of plants.