Ecophysiology of Aquatic Systems
The members of this research group are distributed between the department of plant physiology and that of Ecology, both of which lie within the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Malaga. Its scientific activity concentrates primarily on the ecology of water systems and on the physiology and biochemistry of water plants.
- Ecology of estuaries and seaside areas. Sediment-water relations. Diagenesis.
- Global Ecology. Biogeochemical cycles of C, N, P and S.
- Photocontrol of the growth and metabolism of the C, N and P in plants.
- Extraction and optimisation of the production of natural compounds in algae of commercial interest.
- Study of enzymes involved in the stress in water plants (MAP-Kinases).
- Electrophysiology. Transportation of ions in plants.
- Polar Biology. Acclimatisation strategies and responses by macroalgae to factors derived from the climate change.
- Establishing environmental quality norms in water systems.
- Assessment of environmental impact.
- Management of resources and environmental management for companies.
- Manipulation of the biomass quality. Extraction and optimisation of the production of natural compounds of algae of commercial interest.