Molecular Epidemiology of Nosocomial Infection
A research group whose scientific activity is centred on themes related to Preventive medicine and Occupational Health. There are many health hazards connected with one’s job, especially illnesses related to exposure to environmental factors present with one’s workplace. The group mainly studies epidemiological control and security prevention and environmental hygiene in the workplace most particularly that developed in hospitals and health facilities.
- Quality of Life and Public Health.
- Nutritional Epidemiology.
- The molecular epidemiology of nosocomial infection.
- Toxicity bioassays for water control.
- Assessment of biocidal substances (antiseptics and disinfectants).
- Assessment of new sterilisation technologies.
- Control of the biosafety of operating theatres and critical areas in hospitals and clinics.
- Advice on occupational hazard prevention.
- Advice on the quality and management of health centres.