Physical Geography and Territory
This group of investigation is specialized in the study of surface hydrology. Research objects are various basins in Malaga, Granada and Almeria. Collected field samples are subsequently analyzed and characterized in the soil laboratory. The research group and its 12 members are involved in various collaborations with national universities and universities from Latin-America and Asia. These and other projects have been contributing to the strong experience and curriculum of this group.
- Hydrodynamics of surface formations in the Mediterranean eco-geomorphological system.
- Soil degradation and definition of geomorphologic-edaphical units.
- Cartography of erosion processes.
- Hydrologic and geomorphologic processes of basin precipitation.
- Physical geography.
- Geomorphology and potential of sites, which are considered geomorphological cultural patrimony.
- Impact of the sea level on cultural patrimony in the bay of Malaga.
- Sustainability management of tourism development.
- New teaching technologies for universities.
- Hydrological studies of basins.
- Identification of hydrological surface characteristics.
- Measurement and estimation of erosion.
- Elaboration and digitalization of cartography.
- Studies of impact and risk on the environment.
- Inventory of cultural patrimony (geomorphological and archaeological).