Mechanical Engineering Malaga
This research group that conducts its business in the School of Industrial Engineering and the Polytechnic School, is composed of 12 researchers, 5 of them are Doctors Engineers and the rest graduates. They make their labour both at teaching and researching, and also providing services to industry.
- Engineering Vehicle: - Dynamic behavior of tires modeling. - Development of theoretical and experimental intelligent braking systems in cars. Simulation on test bench. - Behavior in-service security-oriented in cars. Automation testing lines of ITV. - Design and manufacture of a buggy type vehicle for use as a platform for the development of new subsystems.
- Biomechanics: mechanical behavior of the lumbar spine.
- Modeling prosthetic knee as an aid for selecting the optimal surgical technique.
- WINMECC: Developing specific software for simulation and synthesis of plane mechanisms.
- Mechanical aspects in the design of mobile robots: mechanical design, dynamic simulation, optimization of trajectories.
- Issuance of official reports for cataloging historic vehicles (accredited by the Ministry of Innovation, Science and Business of Andalusia).
- Advanced mechanical design.
- Design and manufacture of prototype mechanical systems for research and industrial applications (in collaboration with the machining workshop at the University of Malaga).
Main Researcher: ANTONIO SIMON MATA
PAI Reference: TEP140