Visual Languaje and Applied Design
This research group is specialized in identity development, communication and corporate image, signage projects and architectural design. Its greater specialization focuses on the field of institutions, with visual identity projects and communication design for city councils, provincial councils, designations of origin, etc. This specialization is integrated in an advanced facet of contemporary design, called Strategic Design, which includes all the synergies that affect any material strategy or intangible strategy. Since 2009 this research group edits the international journal academic and scientific 'I+D DiseÃ±o': www.idiseno.org
- Corporate visual identity.
- Investigation and recovery of Andalusian heraldry.
- Research and development of graphic, industrial and architectonical design.
- Research and development of pictograms and new resources for graphic design.
- Interactions art/design and art/internet.
- Design in Spain, Andalusia, Mediterraneo, America
- Theory, criticism and history of design.
- Design of historic-artistic, cultural and environmental patrimony.
- Graphic design and communication in general, identity systems. Creation of corporate identity for public administrations.
- Consultancy and design of specific pictograms for touristic areas and corporate spaces.
- Organization & curating of exhibitions. Creation of journals.
- Architectural Design. Art and interior decoration. Design of domestic and urban furniture.
- Museography: complement to the curatorate, exhibition design and communication.
- Design of packaging, labels and packaging for food sector and food design.
Main Researcher: SEBASTIAN GARCIA GARRIDO
PAI Reference: HUM576