Linguistic Variation and Philological Edition of English Manuscripts
Hosted at the Department of English, French and German (University of Málaga), this research group pursues the electronic edition of hitherto unedited Late Middle English and Early Modern English scientific manuscripts. This handwritten material is used for the compilation of _The Málaga Corpus of Late Middle English and Early Modern English Scientific Prose_, a part-of-speech tagged corpus especially conceived for diachronic research. In addition, the unit is also interested in the analysis of linguistic change and variation in English, paying special attention to the current changes in the new varieties of English worldwide, Asian Englishes in particular.
- Edition of English scientific manuscripts (14th -17th centuries).
- Morpho-syntactic annotation of synchronic and diachronic corpora.
- Codicology and Palaeography.
- Linguistic variation and change in English.
- Study of the new varieties of English worldwide (Asian, African and Australian Englishes).
- Edition of unedited scientific manuscripts.
- Codicology, Palaeography and dating of English manuscripts.
- Compilation of historical corpora.
Main Researcher: JAVIER CALLE MARTÍN
PAI Reference: HUM497