Improvement and Biotechnology of Fruit and Vegetable Production
A research group composed of staff from the UMA and the IFAPA - Churriana Centre. Their personnel are currently one of 12 persons, 5 of whom are active doctors while the rest are interns and technicians. The group concentrates its activities on the regeneration and genetic transformation of species of species of interest in relation to fruits and vegetables (strawberries, olives, avocados).
- Study of the physiology of the ripening of fruits.
- Genetic improvement of strawberry. Control of the ripening of strawberries by means of genetic transformation.
- Genetic transformation techniques in fruit species (olives and avocados).
- Rejuvenation and micro-propagation of woody plants. Somatic embryogenesis.
- Control of the ripening of fruits by means of genetic transformation.
- Micro-propagation of woody plants.
- Regeneration and genetic transformation of fruit species with genes that confer tolerance to pathogens.