Music from Malaga
The musical archives of churches, cathedrals, monasteries, brotherhoods, foundations, diocesan archives, etc. constitute a large reservoir of Spanish musical culture, but this legacy is poorly known. Therefore, the research group Music from Malaga of the Department of Didactics of Musical, Plastic and Corporal Expression studies musical archives, doing main emphasis the cathedral archives of the diocese of Malaga. Its works is focused in study and cataloguing of musical pieces from the 16th and 19th century, finding a lot of pieces during 18th and 19th century. For its wealth of pieces written for organ, the archives of the Cathedral in Malaga arouse great interest not only for researchers from the University of Malaga, but also for researchers throughout Europe.
- Study and publication of unpublished music origination from the archive of the Cathedral of Malaga and other archives from the greater Malaga area.
- Biography and music career of composers of these pieces.
- Transfer of documentary sources.
- Publication of musical pieces from the 18th and 19th century.
- Pieces for organ and orchestra.
- Study of musical archives: - Bands. - Ecclesiastical archives. - Foundation Eduardo Ocón.