Translation and Specialized Languages
This research group of the Department of Translation and Interpretation specializes in the digital publishing, with historical and research objectives, of books translated exempts from copyright. Furthermore, its works included perform touristic translation and translations revisions. Thus the effort of the 8 research members might very well be of interest for virtual libraries who want to publish their documents and as well for companies dedicated at publishing specialized books.
- Concept and didactics of special-purpose languages and general and specialised translation.
- Concept and didactics of specialised translation.
- Ideology and manipulation in specialized languages.
- New technologies applied in research.
- History of translation.
- Digital editions of translated books: - Digital editing software. - Text revision software. - Digital archiving of editions.
- Translation and revision of translations of touristic documents.
- Critical reading and subsequent report.
- Training courses about investigative methodology in the history of translation and digital editing of translations.
- Virtual editions of old translations (english).