PODIATRY AND HEALTH
The research group is from the Department of Nursing (Podiatry) of the Faculty of Health Sciences, although it is also made up of researchers from other Spanish universities. This research group studies the biomechanics and physical activity in terms of the foot and ankle of patients with rheumatic diseases, children and athletes to assess their impact on quality of life and to suggest conservative treatments at this level.
- Physical Activity and quality of life in Rheumatic Pathologies, Paediatric Foot and Athletes in terms of the foot and ankle impact.
- Health promotion intervention models in terms of the foot and ankle in patients with rheumatic diseases, children and athletes.
- Biomechanics and orthotist applied to rheumatic pathologies, ChildrenÂ´s feet and Athlete feet and physical activity.
- To transfer of results from research on people with rheumatic diseases and paediatric patients (systematic reviews, guideline designs, etc).
- To design of patient reported outcome measures (PROMs) and their validation.
- To design and carry out clinical trials in people with rheumatic diseases and paediatric patients in terms of the foot and ankle.
- To implement health programs in patients with rheumatic diseases.
- To design orthotics devices for patients with rheumatic pathologies or children with pathologies in their feet.