ANTITHROMBOTIC RESEARCH, TISSUE ISCHEMIA AND NEUROPROTECTION
The antithrombotic, tissue ischemia and neuroprotection research group has more than 30 years of experience in translational pharmacological research. The activities carried out are focused on translational research in cardiovascular disease (consolidated group of the Malaga Biomedical Research Institute, Area 1, Group A07). It has contributed to the development of antithrombotic drugs and the research of antioxidant and neuroprotective substances.
- Heart-healthy and neuroprotective effect of polyphenols contained in extra virgin olive oil.
- Mechanisms involved in the lack of response to antiplatelet therapy.
- Evaluation of the effect of drugs and / or polyphenols on the macro and microvascular complications of diabetes.
- Strategies and organizational change in relation to drug safety and pharmacovigilance.
- Evaluation of prescription and deprescription of drugs in primary care.
- Experimental models of diabetes mellitus.
- Experimental models of brain damage.
- Drug evaluation and clinical trial design.
- Basic and clinical research methodology.
- Determination of biomarkers of vascular inflammation, oxidative state, neuroprotection.
- Morphometry and innumohistochemistry.
- Drug monitoring.