ORGANIC NANOTECHNOLOGY FQM397
The research group on natural products, drug synthesis and nanotechnology is located in the Department of Organic Chemistry of the Faculty of Sciences, and is dedicated to the synthetic study of active natural products, their inclusion in metallo-organic nanoparticles and the nanostructuring of surfaces.
- Study of natural products synthesis, in particular alkaloids, nucleosides and terpenes.
- Organic macromolecules synthesis for metallic surfaces nanostructuring, and study of their resistance to protein adsorption.
- Natural products isolation. Citotoxicity.
- Metallopolymeric nanoparticles preparation (lipids, pNIPAM, p4VP and pVP polymers, and cyclodextrins) stimuli-sensitive to drugs transport, in particular, antitumor drugs. Hollow and solid nanoparticles.
- Sceletium alkaloids. Isoquinoline alkaloids.
- Inclusion of active organic compounds in nanospheres.
- Activity of natural products of interest study.
- Organic compounds used as analytical standards synthesis.
- Technical advice on synthesis and isolation of natural products.
- NMR, MS, HPLC characterization of organic compounds.
Key areasbiotechnology health red biotechnology nanotechnology materials
Main Researcher: JUAN MANUEL LOPEZ ROMERO
PAI Reference: FQM397