INTERDISCIPLINARY GROUP OF RURAL AND URBAN STUDIES HUM1003
Research group composed mainly of geographers, but also include among its members economists, sociologists and forestry technical engineers belonging to three Universities and two public entities; In addition, its level of internationalization is remarkable, since one third of its members are assigned to non-Spanish universities. The research lines of the group are focused, on the one hand, on aspects related to the current complexity of the rural areas, highlighting two aspects: their new productive positions, such as agroindustrial complexes, ecological production and alternatives to traditional production; recreational and tourist activities; and its sociodemographic situation, emphasizing its structural characterization, the role of immigration, or the importance of the subsidies in
- Agribusiness and production and marketing of organic agri-food products.
- Recreational and tourist activities in the rural space.
- Sociodemography of rural areas.
- Study of social aspects of inequality in urban areas.
- Foreign immigration in urban areas. Characterization, impact and location.
- Study and analysis of rural areas in different strategic positions: agro-industry, leisure, tourism, etc.
- Advice on social actions and policies applicable to rural areas.
- Study and analysis of social inequality in urban areas and cities.
- Study and analysis of the role of foreign immigration in urban spaces.
Key areasagri-food tourism economy legal studies social studies
Main Researcher: JUAN JOS? NATERA RIVAS
PAI Reference: HUM1003