The research lines of the group are based on studies and applications for sustainable social and territorial development. The areas that we have done works are local development, carrying capacity and uses of rural areas, the development of urban or tourist areas and Geographic Information Technologies.
- Implementation of programs for the sustainable development.
- Evaluation and planning of the physical load capacity for agricultural uses and recreational use of natural areas. Decision tools for monitoring and control of soil degradation by erosion.
- Landscape studies; tourism and sports and recreational activities.
- Analysis of urbanization processes in rural areas. Analysis of the implementation of agroindustrial complexes.
- Spatial analysis with Geographic Information Systems; cartography and ortho-imaging with drones (unmanned aerial vehicles); applications of Space Remote Sensing.
- Geolocation application techniques for implementing activities; geographic Big-Data; application of geostatistics to territory studies.
- Design and development of tools for territorial analysis and decision.
- Technical assistance in land-use planning. Studies of environmental impact, landscape and natural hazards. Territorial and urban planning.
- Socioeconomic studies for the territorial diagnosis of the urban environment and the rural environment.
- Design of geographic databases, cartographic production with GIS and Remote sensing and geographic data management for optimal geolocation and capacity of reception or load.
- Landscape studies and analysis of optimal implementation of facilities and infrastructures.
- Potential evaluation of soils and agricultural crops. Ecological agriculture. Livestock management.
Main Researcher: FEDERICO BENJAMÃN GALACHO JIMÃNEZ
PAI Reference: HUM776