The group Real Analysis was created in the Department of Mathematical Analysis, Faculty of Science, University of Malaga. It has evolved during these years and now the main body is formed by researchers of this department and the corresponding one in the University of Seville. The group consists of 11 highly qualified members most in Andalusia and some abroad. All have a long history of research and teaching. The interest of the team is the study of Harmonic Analysis, both Linear and Multilinear, in weighted spaces (the so-called Theory of Weights) and applications to Ergodic Theory. More precisely, these researchers study various types of maximal operators, singular integrals, fractional integrals and almost everywhere convergence of operators that are of interest by themselves in Harmonic Analysis. Furthermore in many cases there are important applications to Ergodic Theory.
- Harmonic Analysis: Maximal operators, singular integrals, fractional integrals, etc. Weights
- Ergodic Theory: Averages associated to operators: almost everywhere and norm convergence? Maximal operators associated to averages
- Theory of weights: maximal operators, singular integrals, fractional integrals.
- Ergodic theorems.
- Participation and organization of conferences and meetings on Real and Harmonic analysis.
- Advice and training for other researchers.