MOLECULAR BIOLOGY AND BIOTECHNOLOGY BIO114
The group of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology hoards more than 20 years of dedication to the study of metabolism and its regulation, having used for this different experimental approaches, between that include biochemical, immunological and DNA techniques recombinant. The group has extensive experience in the isolation of genes, in the structural characterization of them, and in the analysis of gene expression. This laboratory has carved a special reputation in the study of nitrogen metabolism thanks to important contributions to the understanding of molecular bases of regulation of assimilation and nitrogen metabolism in eukaryotic models.
- Study of nitrogen metabolism.
- Molecular Engineering and Biotechnology.
- Genomics and Proteomics.
- Separation, identification and functional characterization of genes.
- Analysis of the gene expression.
- Purification and molecular characterization of proteins.
Key areasbiotechnology agri-food
Main Researcher: FRANCISCO MIGUEL CANOVAS RAMOS
PAI Reference: BIO114