CAUSAL MECHANISMS AND PREVENTION OF DEPRESSIVE AND VIOLENT BEHAVIOURS
The research group Causal Mechanisms and Prevention of Depressive and Violent Behaviours, of the Personality, Evaluation and Psychological Treatment Department at University of Malaga specialises in the research and analysis of violent behaviours in adolescents.
- Depressive cognitive factors.
- Social behaviour roles and the lack of obtaining reinforcements in the explanation of depression.
- Identify separate areas of vulnerability to depression.
- Anomalous processes of learning that generate vulnerability to depression and therapeutic implications.
- Differential effectiveness of psychological treatment of depression.
- Study of despair and causative mechanisms for generate behaviors of interpersonal violence.
- Psychological counseling for all educational centres: primary, secondary and university.
- Interventions in the prevention of school violence.
- Advice given on factors that explain depression.
- Assessment of the effectiveness of psychological treatment.
- Psychological intervention associated with violent behaviour and depression.
- Development of therapies that encourage non-aggressive behaviour.
- Training and advice given to teachers in the detection of factors that can influence depression.