JUDICIAL COOPERATION IN CRIMINAL MATTERS SEJ405
The main objective of the research group is focused on the different mechanisms of international co-operation (bilateral and multilateral) in the judicial and criminal field. The fight against terrorism and organized crime on a transnational level needs mechanisms in order to enhance co-operation to make the ideal of justice a reality. These researchers may advise different organizations â€“public or private- involved in the areas affected.
- Criminal and police cooperation in criminal matters between States in the international arena.
- Spanish conventional practice.
- Transfer of sentenced persons.
- Harmonisation of offenses and penalties.
- Recognition of foreign judgements and judicial decisions.
- Organised crime.
- Drug trafficking.
- International Criminal Court.
- Advice given on: - Immigration. - International cooperation in judicial and criminal matters. - Human rights.
- Development of training materials related to Public International Law and International Relations.
- Organisation of conferences on Defense and International Security.