EVALUATION OF EFFECTIVENESS, SAFETY AND ECONOMY OF MEDICINES
This research group specialises in the evaluation of drug efficacy, safety and cost. In this multidisciplinary group you can find experts in digestive diseases, primary care physicians, clinical pharmacologists and health economists. They belong to the MÃ¡laga Biomedical Research Institute (IBIMA), University of Malaga, Andalusian Public Healthcare System and Center for Biomedical Network Research: hepatic and digestive diseases (CIBERehd). It is also a mentoring centre for the IUPHAR (International Union of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology; https://iuphar.org/clinical-division/mentoring-centers/) clinical pharmacology programme.
- Study of Drug-Induced Liver Injury: pharmacoepidemiology, risk factors, patient risk stratification, outcome.
- Mechanisms of Drug-Induced Liver Injury: genetic, exosomes, microRNAs, epigenetics, metabolics, microbiota and inmunophenotyping studies.
- Steatohepatitis and hepatotoxicity: biomarkers.
- Health economics and rational use of drugs.
- Drug safety and efficacy in primary care.
- Liver safety assessment for drugs (Spain, Latin-America and European Union).
- Fatty liver and drug use evaluation.
- Design and evaluation in clinical trials. Stopping rules. Monitoring and Pharmacovigilance.
- Biomarkers qualification and development.
- Health Economics consulting.
Main Researcher: MÂª ISABEL LUCENA GONZALEZ
PAI Reference: CTS649