MARINE ECOLOGY AND LIMNOLOGY
This group is part of the department of Ecology and Geology (Ecology Area) of the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Malaga. Its main areas of research are the study of the structure of the sizes and physicalbiological interaction in the plankton of water ecosystems, the study of the ecology of epeiric waters, and the conservation of sea ecosystems.
- Analysis of Water Ecosystems. Structure and functioning of planktonic communities. Trophic networks.
- Physical control of the biological production in the ocean.
- Ecology of epeiric waters. Continental salt reservoirs and lagoons.
- Conservation and management ecosystems.
- Evaluation of the environmental impact in water systems (lakes, reservoirs and rivers) and coastal areas.
- Consultancy for the management and planning of protected spaces (wetlands and sea areas).
- Flow cytometry and image analysis of biological samples of water ecosystems.