PATHOLOGY, GENETICS, BIOTECHNOLOGY OF AQUACULTURE SPECIES
The group Pathology, Genetics and Biotechnology of aquaculture species, emerged in 1990 from Microbiology and Genetics researchers studying the genetic and pathological problems affecting crops fish and molluscs in the systems of aquaculture. In addition, this group has an extensive experience in the analysis and assessment of problems of pollution and public health of the aquatic environment.
- Diagnosis and detection of viruses that affect crop-fish.
- Study of inmunogens that cause resistance to bacterial and viral diseases in fish.
- Bacterial pathogenesis of fish and molluscs.
- Microbiology and Water Biotechnology.
- Assessment of the immune response in cultured fish.
- Molecular diagnostics of viruses and bacteria in fish and molluscs.
- Design and evaluation of vaccines.
- Genotyping of individuals and samples.
- Identification of critical points in the production of aquaculture systems.
- Microbiological and physicochemical analysis of water.
- Health control of products and aquaculture facilities.
Main Researcher: JUAN JOSE BORREGO GARCIA
PAI Reference: RNM112