Structured Fluids and Amphiphilic Systems
This research group studies the phenomena of aggregation amphiphilic substances, focusing on the surfactants. These products have a great scientific interest because it decreases the surface tension of water and the result of this research can be applied in the made of medicaments, paints, etc. Its last work has been related with sugar-based surfactants, very important for the environment because they are biodegradable and non-toxics.
- Thermodynamics and structural aspects of micelle formation.
- Characterization of polymer-surfactant interactions.
- Study about surface activity of amphiphilic systems.
- Biosurfactants and biopolymers applications.
- Time-resolved fluorescence measurements.
- Steady-state fluorescence measurements.
- Particle size measurement on the nanometers scale.
- Measurement of Surface tension (plate and ring method).
Keywordsenvironment health materials