HISTORY OF EDUCATION HUM387
This research group has over 30 years of experience studying and researching the history of education in Andalusia. One of its main lines of work is the study of comparative education, which analyses educational systems and policies from different countries, in order to examine the effects of their educational reforms. Additionally, this group has been studying the existing education legislation, as well as Spain’s public and private education since 1812 to present. They have paid special attention to both formal and informal education and likewise with all the tools used in education, such as school books etc, all of these materials form the spheres for this investigation.
- Localisation and classification of bibliographical and documentary sources, especially school textbooks.
- The history of education in Andalusia.
- Women’s education and work.
- Public and private education in different educational levels.
- Politics and education legislation.
- Comparative education.
- The State and the Church as tools of control of the Education in Spain from 1857.
- The cataloguing of archives related to the history of education.
- The historical analyses of the purification of teachers during the Republic and the Franco regime.
- Scientific-historical advice on educational reforms.
- Scientific advice on cultural activities (exhibitions, lectures, conferences) related to the History of Education.
Key areaslegal studies pedagogy education
Main Researcher: M. CARMEN SANCHIDRI?N BLANCO
PAI Reference: HUM387