The research group Legal History of the Department of Private Law, Faculty of Law, is specialized in the studies of lawyers and politicians from, or somehow related to, Andalusia. The research staff has a strong curriculum in investigation and teaching and has published numerous articles including more than 2300 biographies of lawyers. Their work is of interest for public administrations and private bodies, who want to study historical archives related to commercial, Roman or civil law.
- Collections of historical legal and romanistic conversations from the 20th Century.
- Rights in rem on the property of another in Roman Law.
- History of law of admiralty and airlaw.
- Lawyers and politicians in Andalusia in the 19th and 20th Century.
- Second Spanish Republic. Law.
- Francoist repression in the universities (1937-1949).
- Studies on the Second Republic on the basis of different historical archives.
- Collaboration on maritime and aeronautical terminology in relation with commercial law.
- Collaboration on touristic terminology in relation with commercial law, as well as its translation and interpretation.
- Collaboration with various historical archives.
- Exposure of plagiarism in the history or Roman Law and positive private law.