MECHANICAL ENGINEERING MALAGA TEP140
This research group, established at the School of Industrial Engineering , is composed by 15 permanent researchers, including 11 doctor engineers and 4 graduates researcheres. They make their labour both at teaching and researching, and also providing services to industry. The main lines of activity of the group are: * Vehicle engineering: Modeling the dynamic behavior of tires; theoretical and experimental development of intelligent braking systems in cars; test bench simulation; safety-oriented car service behavior. * Biomechanics: mechanics modeling and simulation of t the musculoskeletal system, focusing especially on the lumbar spine, the knee joint and the pelvis; biomechanical design and optimization of orthopedic surgery thecnics; kinematic and kinetic analysis of healthy and pathological human movement; development of techniques and technical aids for movement rehabilitation, including the design of orthoses and exoskeletons. * Design and analysis of mechanisms: including synthesis type and dimensional synthesis. * Machine design for industrial applications: projects have been developed in collaboration with companies related to the automotive industry, railway industry, component manufacturing industry ...
- Vehicle engineering.
- Design and analysis of mechanisms.
- Design of machines for industrial applications.
- Issuance of official reports for cataloging historic vehicles (accredited by the Ministry of Innovation, Science and Business of Andalusia).
- Advanced mechanical design.
- Design and manufacture of prototype mechanical systems for research and industrial applications (in collaboration with the machining workshop at the University of Malaga).
Key areastransport aerospace
Main Researcher: MARIA PRADO NOVOA
PAI Reference: TEP140