ANDALUSIAN HISTORICAL RESEARCH HUM331
This interdisciplinary research group specializes in the study of politics, mentalities, cultural forms and gender roles in Andalusia, Spain and Latin America during the XIX-XX centuries. Much of the team's work focuses on the retrieval and analysis of sources and materials, with a comparative perspective, in order to disseminate the knowledge of contemporary societies in Andalusia, Spain and Latin America.
- Redefinition of the Andalusian identity taking into account general, social, cultural, political and economical factors contributing to differences and inequality.
- Research about Mediterranean cultures and their social, political and cultural customs.
- Recovery of material and sources for the investigation of public sphere, day-to-day life and private spaces.
- Research of gender studies from an interdisciplinary perspective.
- Registration and cataloging of documentary sources: archival, hemerographic and oral.
- Creation of historical, social references and cultural references.
- Advisor for the (print) media, administration public and private companies in historic and sociologic concerns.
- Advisor for the tourism industry in order to emphasise the Andalusian history.
- Training in equality policies.
- Organization and translation services of congresses and courses.
- Advice to NGDOs with a gender perspective.
- Collaboration with women''s associations and feminist entities at the national and international levels.
- Collaboration with historic memory organizations.
Key areastourism social studies heritage
Main Researcher: MARIA DOLORES RAMOS PALOMO
PAI Reference: HUM331