Materials and Surface Engineering
A research group of the UMA constituting a unit associated with CSIC researchers, and with much experience in obtaining materials, surfaces and coverings with industrial applications. The characterization systems and equipments they have are to be found in three laboratories; one of them located in the Central research Services of the University of Malaga, another one located in the Department of Applied Physics (Faculty of Sciences) and a third located in the Technological Park of Andalusia in Malaga.
- Preparation and characterization of thin layers and nano structures.
- Preparation of selective surfaces.
- Preparation of nanostructured anodes and cathodes for ion-lithium batteries.
- Preparation and characterization of transparent conducting oxides (TCO).
- Generation of nanoparticles by laser irradiation of microscopic precursors for energetical applications.
- Improving efficiency of commercial monocrystalline Si solar cells very thin.
- Obtaining thin layers and coverings with industrial applications.
- Obtaining materials for energy applications (solar energy, electrodes of ion-lithium batteries, thermal control in buildings, etc.).
- Analysis of physical and chemical properties of layers and interfaces.
Keywordsmaterials energy renewable energy
Main Researcher: JOSE RAMOS BARRADO
PAI Reference: FQM192