LIPIDS AND ARTERIOSCLEROSIS RESEARCH UNIT CTS159
A research group of the department of Medicine and Dermatology of (Medicine Area) and with facilities in the CIMES (Centre of Healthcare Research) of the University of Malaga. Its research lines concentrate on the study and analysis of the characteristics of dyslipemias in general, and more specifically of hypertriglyceridemias, as well as the detection of asymptomatic arteriosclerosis.
- Vascular and cardiovascular risk factors.
- Genetics of dyslipemias. Diabetic dyslipemia.
- Lipasic activity, postprandial lipemia and Apo B-48, in cardiovascular pathology.
- Inflammatory factors, adipocytokins and oxidative stress in cardiovascular pathologies.
- Analysis of molecular image in the study of cardiovascular illnesses.
- Chromatographic separation of proteins, HPLC.
- Determination of lipoproteins, apoproteins and adipocytokins.
- Determination of lipoproteinlipase and hepatic lipase activity.
- PCR in real time.
- In collaboration with the Molecular Image Unit of the CIMES, very high-grade resonance and Positron Emission Tomography (PET).