CONTEMPORARY LITERATURE ABOUT EUROPE HUM858
This research group was created in 2007 and brings together 12 members from the University of MÃ¡laga who work on Anglophone literature and culture, with a special interest in contemporary fiction. We firmly believe in the fundamental role that Humanities fulfils, and advocate for the value of literature and culture in producing change and transformation. We situate literature in a wider cultural context that reaches beyond entertainment, and regard the transformative qualities of literature as a medium that stimulates critical thinking. Understanding literature as a channel endowed with therapeutic qualities that are key to physical and emotional wellbeing, our research aims at meeting current challenges through English literature and culture.
- Anglophone literature and culture.
- Temporality (past, present or future) in the context of contemporary society and culture.
- Literature and other disciplines (medicine, science, technology, photography, art etc.).
- Gender and literature.
- Postcolonial studies and multiculturality.
- Diversity, Vulnerability and Resilience.
- Expert advice and guidance in topics related to literature, multiculturality, situations of exclusion and discrimination, as well as other related content.
- Transversal studies and multi- and interdisciplinarity.
- Safeguarding cultural heritage and textual patrimony.
- Organization of workshops and counseling in cultural events.
- Scientific reports on literary and cultural capacity, the past and memory in contemporary literature and the relationship between history and literature.
- Gender studies, women and literary representation in Anglophone and other languages and cultures.