APPLIED MATHEMATICS IN COMPUTING TIC115
The research group Applied Mathematics in Computing, founded in 1995, of the Department of Applied Mathematics of the E.T.S.I. Informatica (Higher Technical School of Engineering, Dep. Informatics) is specialized in the study of formal methods for the construction of deductive reasoning systems (artificial intelligence). The scientific team has an expertise in developing expert systems capable of deducting possible solutions when presented with practical and/or real cases. The software is quite resourceful and offers a range of applications in medicine or jurisprudence, not only as a general means of professional support, but also by providing a higher impartiality between possible courses of action. Latest research has been centered on the development of semantics websites. An individual
- Automated theorem proving in non-classical logics.
- Formal computational methods. Applied to databases.
- Numerical methods in mathematical programming.
- Application of line theories to computer networks.
- Category theories and abstract algebras.
- Technical advice for planning and calculations for the design of communication towers.
- Advisor for the design of intelligent software.
Key areasict artificial intelligence legal studies aerospace mathematics
Main Researcher: AGUSTIN VALVERDE RAMOS
PAI Reference: TIC115