OTOLOGY, TECHNOLOGY AND QUALITY (OTOTECH) CTS558
The research group Otology, technology and quality (Ototech) of the Department of Radiology and Physical Medicine of the Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaga focuses its academic work on the study of improving the auditive capabilities through external implantation of prosthesis in humans and animals. The interdisciplinary group consists of 15 researchers from such different backgrounds like medicine, physics, engineering and logopedics; all members have strong experience in research and teaching. The laboratories of this research group are equipped with high technology in the field of otology. They are located in the Parque TecnolÃ³gico de AndalucÃa (PTA).
- Development of implantable audio prosthesis.
- Evaluation of the effectiveness and the security of the patient undergoing treatment for hearing restoration.
- Evaluation of the medical equipment used for hearing restoration.
- Evaluation of the toxicity of ear medication.
- Advice for design and evaluation of auditory implants.
- Clinical studies about human otology.