PREHISTORY DIVISION - UNIVERSITY OF MALAGA HUM180
A research group that is part of the department of Historiographical Sciences and Techniques, Ancient History and prehistory (Area of Prehistory) of the University of Malaga. Its activity mainly deals with the archaeological recording of prehistoric remains and studies of archaeological locations by means of updated analytic techniques.
- Analysis of the political significance of Prehistoric monuments in Iberia from an anthropological perspective.
- Employment of new technologies for the study and characterisation of Prehistoric monuments: remote sensing, big data, bayesian analyses, etc.
- Design of initiatives aimed at improving the protection, preservation and public presentation of southern Iberian Prehistoric monuments.
- Delineation of archaeological activities and projects to be carried out at megalithic and ditched Prehistoric sites.
- Archaeological control and supervision of construction works in sub- urban areas.
- Valuation of archaeological sites.
- · Creation of Archaeological Maps.
- Creation of archaeological guides.
- Proposals for the Museological Preparation and Design of Interpretation Centres for archaeological sites
Key areasict heritage tourism
Main Researcher: JOS? ENRIQUE M?RQUEZ ROMERO
PAI Reference: HUM180