PSYCHOMETRICS AND EPIDEMIOLOGY IN BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES AND HEALTH
The research group Psychometrics and Epidemiology in Behavioral Sciences and Health was founded in 1995. Their researchers are experienced in research and teaching in the fields of Statistics and Multivariate Analysis applied to Psychological Measurement. Published work to date included the study of psychometric properties related to the development and/or adaptation of different types of assessment and diagnostic measurement instruments (Eating Disorder Questionnaires, Criterion Referenced Tests of Academic Performance and Clinical diagnosis, etc.).
- Definition and demostration of new measures of goodness-fit in psychometric models: - Multidimensional Scaling. - Non Parametric Item Response Theory. - Inter-rater reliability. - Diagnostic Efficiency in a Tricotomic Classification.
- Application of Psychometric Models and Multivariate Analysis in the development and/or adaptation of assessment/diagnostic instruments.
- Development of new tests from the approximation of Criterion Referenced Tests.
- Application of Epidemiology designs and indices to determine disorder rates and risk factors.
- Assessment and Intervention in Clinical Psychology and Health.
- Collaboration in the development and validation of tests, questionnaires and other measurement tools in: -Health centers. -Schools. -Companies specializing in design of questionnaires.