ANDALUSIAN FEMALE SOCIOLINGUISTICS HUM953
Since 2007 the members and collaborators of the HUM953 Group "Andalusian Sociolinguistic Feminine", have started a systematic research on the study of the Andalusia feminine oral uses. In short, it will provide a specific critical and chronological bibliography, plus a report of ongoing work. In addition to designing a "Female oral corpus of Andalusia", our team has focused its attention on the realistic variation analysis of the feminine uses of Spanish in Andalusia. Although in the traditional Dialectology and in the works of linguistic Geography the women had been marginalized, our group wants to give voice to the female informants. It is important to hear them speak and express themselves. Recently, a booklet for internal use of the Group was published, titled "The voice of the women of the AxarquÃa".
- Urban and rural socio-linguistics of Andalusian women.
- Innovative uses.
- Linguistic archaisms.
- Differences in women''s vocabulary.
- Female ethnotext.
- Processes of standardization in progress among Andalusian speakers.
- Rural women facing linguistic prestige.
- Elaboration of linguistic reports.
- Creation of lexical indexes.
- Dictionary creation.
- Studies of female uses of language in Andalusia.
- Historical, ethnographic, historical memory studies in linguistics.
Key areassocial studies heritage
Main Researcher: MANUEL GALEOTE LOPEZ
PAI Reference: HUM953