WASTE AND ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY TEP184
The research activity of the group is centred on the use of lignocellulosic waste and lignin kraft. There is also a line of work within the area of carbons technology, where are investigated applications of active carbons as catalysts in chemical or environmental processes.
- Thermochemical use of lignocellulosic waste.
- Preparation and characterisation of active carbons and molecular sieves.
- Preparation and characterisation of catalysts.
- Reduction and/or elimination of polluting compounds from liquid or gaseous effluents.
- Use of lignocellulosic waste for obtaining vegetable carbon and active carbon.
- Obtaining active carbon from the waste of rubber tyre pyrolysis.
- Development of inorganic materials in the areas of catalysis, the environment and energy.
- Â· Elimination of gaseous pollutants (nitrogen oxides and volatile organic compounds) and liquids.