Digital Image Processing in Radiology
The research group Digital image processing in radiology is specialized in computerization of diagnostic images such as mammograms or resonance images of the thorax and brain. The research lines of this team have an innovative and novel component. Its 7 members belong to the fields of health care sciences and new technologies; they have more than 10 years of experience in this medical area. At present, they are focused on the design and development of software capable of measuring levels of cerebral atrophy that can be observed in computerized axial tomography (CAT scan) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
- Digital image acquisition systems in radiology.
- Computed-aided diagnosis.
- PACS, RIS and teleradiology.
- Multimedia and tele-education.
- Quality control and management.
- Digital image processing.
- Consultancy on new methods of radiological diagnosis.
- PACS, HIS and RIS consulting.
- Digital radiological imaging laboratory.
- Development of computer-aided diagnosis system.
- Image processing techniques for chemical analysis.
- Organization of radiology congresses.