PRODUCTIVITY AND EFFICIENCY ANALYSIS
The research group Productivity and Efficiency Analysis is located in the Department of Finance and Accountancy in the Faculty of Economics and Business Studies. Research is focused on the analysis of individual companies (from the tourism and insurance sector) applying frontier efficiency methodologies in order to test economic hypotheses. 7 researchers compose this interdisciplinary research group, which has more than 8 years of experience in this area and disposes of a strong background in teaching and research.
- Organizational form, productivity and efficiency.
- Distribution channels.
- Market share, yield and market power.
- Take-overs, mergers and scale economies.
- Diversification vs. specialization hypoteses.
- Insurance companies.
- Tourism sector.
- Economic advisor: - Insurance companies. - Tourism sector.
- Touristic marketing plans.
- Organization of conferences and congresses about the research topics.
- Training courses on finance and accounting.
- Evaluation and implementation of human resources.