SCIENCE EDUCATION AND COMPETENCES HUM974
The Research Group on Science Education and Competences is composed of a group of teachers of Science Education Department at the University of Malaga and Secondary School teachers from various schools of Malaga. This group has focused its research, development and transfer, around scientific competences in compulsory education, based on the need to link research with educational practice. Its purpose is, in conjunction with teachers and students in their real contexts, extend understanding of scientific competences appropriate for each stage or level of schooling. Moreover, the group study contexts, content and teaching strategies that make them affordable for a large number of students.
- Characterization of the concept of scientific competence for citizenship.
- Evaluation of competences.
- Educational games and recreational resources in science teaching.
- Environmental awareness and its inclusion in the training of teachers
- Identification and delimitation of daily living contexts that are adequate for the development of scientific competence.
- Development and evaluation of didactic proposals for the development of competences.
- Initial and ongoing formation of science teachers for skills development.
- Design and development of new educational games and recreational resources.
- Advice for the development of scientific competence to departments and science teachers.
Key areaspedagogy education
Main Researcher: ?NGEL BLANCO L?PEZ
PAI Reference: HUM974