DESIGN AND SYNTHESIS OF DRUGS
This research group belongs to the Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Organic Chemistry. The research is focused on the synthesis of natural products or analogues with an important biological activity in the applied organism. Currently the researchers investigate products with immunosuppressive properties or inhibitors to tumor agents. Thus research is closely tied to biomedicine. The pharmaceutical and chemical industry, as well as institutions in the field of analysis and development of pharmaceuticals might very well become interested in the work of the 14 members of the group.
- Stereoselective synthesis of sulphur ylides:- Macrolide antibiotics.- Analogues.
- Synthesis of carbohydrate analogues: -C-Glycosides. -Iminosugars.
- Synthesis of natural compounds of pharmacological interest: - Stevastelines. - Liposidomycin. - Pironetina. - Bengamide.
- Synthesis of organic compounds.
- Advice for the analysis of organic substances.
- Advice for the synthesis of organic compounds.
- Training courses about organic synthesis.