Lexicography and Translation
The research group Lexicography and Translation has been involved in scientific and academic research for a substantial period of years. Alongside synchronic and diachronic research on Spanish lexis, phraseology and lexicographic repertoires, they have also been involved over the last decade in synchronic studies on contrastive phraseology, translation studies, multilingual lexicography, terminology, documentation, and the closely related areas of ICTs applied to translation, specialised translation and translation technologies. Their working languages include Spanish, English, German, Italian, Arabic, French and Catalan. The group has excellent contacts with Andalusian research groups and other national and international groups. As ample evidence of this should serve the national networks, the coordinated actions and the R&D projects in which the research group participates.
- Lexicography and Terminological resources.
- Translation Technology.
- Application of ICT to the teaching of languages, to the teaching of translating and to the management of translation projects.
- Specialised, direct and reverse translation services.
- Elaboration of terminological databases.
- Elaboration of multilingual glossaries and dictionaries.
- On-line language tuition.